The Objective behind Social Service:
Contributing to the betterment of the society and to the raising of living standards among its members through moral and material support is what voluntary work is all about. Abu Dhabi Food Control Authority aims to expand the possibilities of social service at both the individual and organizational levels. In this regard, it aspires to becoming a model of social service for governmental and non-governmental organizations so that others follow suit and bring more benefits to the general public.
Principles of Social Service Policy:
- The Authority strives to become the best government sector organization in the area of social service.
- Setting aside 0.25% of annual budget for voluntary work and social service initiatives.
- Commitment to implement social responsibility parameters in line with national and international standards.
- Encourage the staff to excel in social service.
- Elderly people
- Special Needs people
- The sick
- Orphans and Comprehensive Care Homes
- Residents of remote areas
- Those who frequent the mosques for prayers
Graduates Support Programme:
- The project need not be necessarily related to ADFCA, but if it is, that is preferable .
- The graduate/team of graduates, should be from an educational institution from the Emirate of Abu Dhabi
- The average grade of the graduate/team of graduates should not be less than 3 (GPA).
- The support of ADFCA/Community Service Program should be clearly mentioned in the activities related to the project.
- The support amount will be deposited in the bank account of the university that the applicant/s belongs to and will not be paid directly.
- The amount of support for a single project is fixed (AED 20000) and a total of four projects will be sponsored each year.
Please find the required documents Here
Support for Charitable Activities:
The Authority prepares joint plans and initiatives for voluntary work in coordination with charitable organizations and trusts.
Attention to the needs of the disprivileged:
While renovating its buildings and constructing new ones, the Authority strives to accommodate the requirements of the needy sections, such as the special needs people. It also pays voluntary visits to different disprivileged sections and provides services.
Encouraging the staff for involvement in social service:
The Authority reckons social service among the criteria for excellence among its staff. Staff who win the excellence awards are honored every year.
Contributions to training and educating the society:
- Allow the use of its facilities and providing research support for higher education students
- Summer training for college and university students
- Sponsoring educational activities, creative contests and prizes for students
- Preparing awareness and training programs for audio-visual media (TV & Radio) on food safety issues
Support National Identity:
- Support programs that aim at strengthening national identity
- Holding an open day on national identity at the Authority
- Cooperation with other local organizations like the Tourism Authority and the UAE Heritage Club in national identity support programs.
Environmental Preservation Programs:
- Reuse of paper and its recycling
- Guidance on water and electricity consumption
- Prepare awareness programs to discourage smoking in all its forms
Support for small and medium-sized projects in the food business:
- Exempting from all types of fees for the first five years small and medium-sized food businesses sponsored by the Sheikh Khalifa Fund to Support Small and Medium-Sized Projects. This is to encourage investment and entrepreneurship toward achieving food security.
Paying attention to public opinion:
- Paying attention to the views of the members of the community and benefiting from opinion surveys about the efficacy of the Authority's participation in social service initiatives