What is GAP?
The Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) is an approach to farming that utilizes available local and international knowledge to develop sustainable farm production practices that result in safe and healthy food products.
- It is also a globally accredited certificate granted to farmers implementing these modern and sound standards. The implementation of GAP approach leads to the improvement of on-farm practices, especially related to Food Safety
- Workers' Welfare
- Sustainable Management of the Environment
The GAP systems applied on-farm can be measured and can be demonstrate good practices according to internationally agreed standards. Compliance with these standards can result in giving GLOBALGAP certification to the farm.
What is Global GAP?
Global GAP is a business-to-business standard for safe and sustainable food production. Global GAP connects farmers and brand owners in the production and marketing of safe food to provide reassurance for consumers. The Global GAP approach sets very strict criteria for Good Agricultural Practices that farmers must comply with if they want to sell their products to major retailers around the world. Meanwhile, retailers rely on Global GAP Certification to ensure products they sell to their consumers can be traced back to a certified farm or production facility.
Why should we join GAP Initiative?
Recognition: Customers and stakeholders will be informed of those farmers who are certified or are in the process of becoming certified.
Preferred Supplier Status: Consumers demand safe produce, value human well-being and respect the environment. Because of this, customers will buy from farmers who do the same. Enhanced Reputation: By building customer trust and earning customer confidence, farmers using a GAP approach will hold a strong position in the market.
How to Get Involved?
- Download the attached information sheet for more details about Global GAP.
- Registration: Fill out the attached registration form and submit it to the nearest ADAFSA's extension center or to the customer service center at ADAFSA headquarter located in Abu Dhabi, or send the required information directly to: email@example.com.
- An ADAFSA assessor will perform an initial assessment of your farm according to GLOBALGAP standards.
- Participating farmers will be given both guidance and assessment in order to achieve full compliance with GLOBALGAP standards.
For More Information
Contact our Customer Service Center on 028181111 or click here to visit ADAFSA website to know more about Global GAP or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org