• The development process of the policy of the animal Identification and Registration system (AIRS) has been benchmarked against the best international practices available in this field
The fundamental objectives of the (AIRS) implementation include: Abu Dhabi Policy Agenda 2030, namely: ‘a healthy population able to contribute effectively to society’, Abu Dhabi‘s cultural values and heritage’, and ‘a clean, safe and sustainable environment ADAFSA strategic plan (2011-2013) and its targets (Food safety, .Animal &plant health, traceability, integrated food chain approach). Livestock vision 2030.
• A phased approach will be followed in the implementation that cover; local application in AD livestock (sheep, goats, cows and camels), then addition of other species (poultry and fish), the third phase will be to expand the implementation program to cover the entire country and lastly inclusion of any extra species deemed necessary.
• It’s obviously clear that successful implementation will be based on realization of goals associated with:
1. assuring the quality of AIRS operations, traceability and food safety, (quality assurance and alignment with existing legislations)
2. Market and commercial issues.
Please Click Here to read the policy